Student life is indeed the best phase of the life especially when you are offered various benefits to make it more happening. Discount is something that draws attention of most of us. Being a student, one of the luring perk would be discounts, simply by flashing your student ID. These discounts are well utilized on term breaks. On resuming to school/colleges, students have to buy new things related to their studies. In any way, the retailers are cashing in money!
Here is a category-wise list of superb discounts that you wouldn’t want to miss:
- Club Monaco: It’s a mid to high end clothing line that offers 20% off to students on showing up their Ids.
- J.Crew: Here you get 15% off on bringing you photo ID. If you are shopping online or over the phone you can avail the discount if you have “.edu” address.
- Banana Republic: At this store, you can get 15% off on showing up your ID
- Topshop: bringing yourID to the cashier you get 10% off. You have to be a member of Student Advantage Card to avail online discount, in case you shopping online. This membership will cost you $20 in the first year which also has a long list of participating retailers.
- Ann Taylor: You get 15% discount on bringing your student ID.
- Apple: One of the premier brands gives plenty of student deals. Under the education pricing you save upto $200 on your new Mac and an extra $100 credit to spend on the products on Apple store (if you buy a new Macbook). You get an extra $50 credit on buying a new phone.
- Dell: On showing your student ID, you get a free Dell tablet with an Intel Atom processor on buying a PC over $699! Though the discounts vary at the student portal “delluniversity.com” but you can save a lot for sure.
- Microsoft: Another big player in technology offers great deals like for $126, you get the Office for Mac Home and Student 2011 that includes Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and more. Do check out the student store to find more attractive discounts.
- HP: They have an HP Academy especially for students where special pricing is given to the students and discounts on several products.
- Sony: Sony has set up Sony Education Store especially for students where they can save upto 10%.
- Adobe: It offers huge discounts on Adobe software to students that go upto 60%. You can visit its student page for more details.
- Norton: Save upto 50% on Norton items (selected items).
- Fujitsu: Students get 5% discount on ordering its items over phone.
- Lenovo: It offers student discounts on its products (selected items).
Also Read: The Downside Of Discounts
- T-Mobile: Students need to get registered with studentrate.com to avail special discounts which includes $50 credit on your phone bill and a waived activation fee.
- AT&T: Here your school needs to be affiliated with AT&T Business Centre to avail huge discounts on your monthly bill. To know if you qualify for discounts, you need to enter your email ID on its Business Centre homepage.
- Verizon: Enter your school email id on its employee discount page to check if you qualify to avail discount (upto 20% off) on your monthly bills.
- Sprint: you need to contact these people to check if your school qualifies for discount. You may either call or email to know about the same.
- Regal Theatres: they offer student discounts on their selected theatres.
- AMC: On selected AMC theatres (participating theatres) you get a lower price on Thursdays on bringing your student ID.
- Museums: You just need to check with them about the discounts as most of the museums have discounts for students.
- Cinemark: You get discount on its select theatres. You need to check the ones that offer student discounts.
- Live entertainment: These are live shows like ballet, musicals, opera, plays and more where you can avail discount. All you need to do is, check if your schools the discount online (Google your school name and type ‘student discounts’).
- Amazon: On Amazon, the students get 6 months of Amazon prime for free (normally costs $70), which allows them to get two-day shipping for free and one-day shipping for only 3.99$ on all orders.
- The New York Times: Avail discounts on its subscription.
- The Wall Street Journal: Avail 84% discount off the regular rates.
- Sam’s Club: Its “Collegiate membership” gets you more savings and you also get a $15 gift card on signing up or renewing membership.
- CorePower yoga: You can avail a week free and special pricing too.
- General Motors: Theyhave set up a Chevrolet College Discount Program though which college students can save huge money on vehicles.
- Allstate: Full-time students need to be less than 25 years of age and should have good grades to save upto 20%.
- State Farm: Offer again valid for good students (who get good grades). They can avail 25% discount.
- Greyhound: You can save 20% on thousands of destinations.
- Geico: Good students less than 25 can avail 15% discount.
- Farmer Insurance: They provide discounts for students, less than 25 years of age.
With these many amazing discounts listed above, you might be tempted to do some shopping for yourself now!