Call Tracking and Conversions: Why Call Tracking Can Help Improve Your Conversions
Any business would most likely want better conversion rates. However, one of the major factors that most businesses miss in the process of working on conversion is call tracking. Your marketing strategy should definitely include call tracking because it has the potential to track incoming and outgoing phone calls and connect them with your marketing campaigns. You can then adjust and improve your marketing campaigns accordingly.
It is true that we are operating in a digital era⎯but it is also true that we should not underestimate the importance of a phone call⎯especially when used in our businesses. For a customer, it is easier to talk to your organization’s representative rather than spend time reading about the information offline or online. Their queries or issues can be addressed directly and quickly through phone calls. Research has also shown that a phone call in business is the second most important thing after an in-person meeting with a customer. Here are a few reasons that prove that call tracking is beneficial for your business and how it will greatly help in improving client conversions:
1. Call tracking can analyze your ad campaigns and find out which ones produced the best results.
It is an expensive task to design and execute an advertising campaign. Moreover, you are never 100 percent sure that it will work. Lucky for you, call tracking technology can help.
Thanks to call tracking, you can:
- Determine which ad campaign generated the maximum amount of calls.
- Stop the ad campaigns that do not produce the desired results⎯which will ultimately help you save money (and use that money to create winning campaigns which will actually boost conversions).
The results that you will get from call tracking will help you decide on which strategic decisions should be taken to maximize your conversions.
2. Call tracking helps in determining the best medium for your marketing messaging.
There are a lot of mediums through which your marketing campaign will reach the target audience⎯and each channel costs money. To determine which channel yields the best results:
- Each should be assigned a separate phone number.
- Focus your resources on the channel with the best conversions for your business.
- Using your call tracking results, determine the best channels to reach your target audience for future endeavors.
For example, if you are using different advertising channels such as radio, print, online media, television, etc. and the result states that most calls were generated through online media, then you can decide to stop the other channels and focus only on online medium. Your reach and engagement with the audience will be maximized, and you will get the conversions that you are looking for.
3. Recorded phone calls help in better understanding the customers.
You are in the market and you know the typical requirements of your customers, as well as their behavior and personality. After listening to their recorded conversations with your sales people, you can better know the customer characteristics like:
- Their psychology.
- Their queries.
- What is stopping them from buying your product or service⎯as well as many other important insights.
This technology will basically provide you with all the vital information about the buying behavior of your customers or prospective customers. The data you gathered can be utilized for creating or updating your marketing strategy, and you can easily target your audience according to their buyer persona.
4. Call tracking can provide you with a wealth of customer information.
Some of the advanced call tracking platforms can give you loads of information about your customers. You can get information such as:
- Where most of the calls were received.
- The date and time of call generation.
- The devices utilized to make calls.
- The referring URL (if any).
- The keywords related to the calls.
After receiving this information, you can fine tune the sales funnel of your organization and improve the conversions by focusing on the resources that work⎯and eliminating those that do not. According to Google, around 70 percent of mobile searches call a business entity straight from the search results. You can collect an enormous amount of information from this kind of customer calls⎯and on the basis of these insights, you can decide where your advertising budget should go to.
Although you may get a lot of data from other channels such as online conversions and email inquiries, call tracking has its own merits. Over the past several decades, it has been seen that the root of an optimal number conversions are phone calls. If you are using call tracking technology, you are provided with the perfect metrics to determine many characteristics of your marketing initiatives. This includes customer service efforts, complaint handling, and advertising campaigns. Knowing the Fone Dynamics (and with this crucial information), you will find that your business will improve conversions, generate higher revenues, and enjoy greater profits.
John is a long-time professional with over two decades of experience in analytics and communications technology. He works as the Senior Data Analyst at Fone Dynamics, a leader in call tracking, voice, and SMS communication. When John steps out of the office, he loves to spend time with his family and bike riding.