Who is eligible?
Not every iPhone user is eligible for the latest upgrade because it might be hard for the company to make money as everyone would be upgrading their software. They limit the subsidies to customers who:
- Sign a new two year contract and doesn’t have services with the company currently
- Switch from another phone company and sign a new two year contract
- Have been paying month to month and are willing to sign the two year contract
- Have been a customer of that company for a pre-determined amount of time
- Participate in an early upgrade program
You can dial #847 from your iphone and you will receive a text message back telling you if you’re eligible to get a new iphone or not.
Just like Verizon you can call *639# and you’ll get a text message back letting you know if you’re eligible for the iPhone upgrade.
It offers a plan to pay $10 a month and then you’re eligible to upgrade the phone whenever the new device is out.
You can text the word “upgrade” to 1311 and it will let you know if you’re eligible for an upgrade or not.
Apple’s App Store App
Download the free app and click on “Upgrade your iPhone” button from the main screen. The next screen will let you know if you’re eligible for an upgrade or not.