As a matter of fact, science has proven the basic fact that recognition causes the brain to release oxytocin, which is meant to be the “love” hormone, further turning people happier and efficiently connected as well as focused on their work.
Mother Teresa, Nobel Peace Prize Winner has made an admiring statement that is “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
If you are working in a well-recognized organization or firm and you luckily find that its staff is terrific, and also each one of the staff members works as much hard to exceed goals and make the company a profound success. Later, you want to let them know how much you appreciate the way they regularly perform to make the firm a success and also the hard work they put in every single day.
This is certainly considered good for everyone since Employee Recognition is meant to be the best way for anyone to keep people motivated and more loyal. The result is observed with Lower Absenteeism and Low Staff Turnover.
- Only 51% of a population of 2.5 million around the entire world felt appreciated in accordance with the ten-year
- According to the report published by theForbes Magazine, which considerably estimated that 87% of the employee recognition programs were based entirely on tenure, and ignoring the basic performance.
- Forbes also conducted a second study that eventually stated that in 83% of the organizations suffer from underperformance where employees are suffering from lack of recognition.
Even on the tightest of budgets and smallest of funds at disposal, everyone should recognize, appreciate and reward the great work done. Listed below are a dozen ways a company can start showering recognition on its employees and earn motivated output:
- Initially, ask the entire staff to post the requisite recognition notes to each other on an internal link or on the bulletin board made available for the particular purpose and thereby add significant testimonies from the prominent external customers.
- Provide sufficient time to people since it is the most precious gift and people will always remember that eminent day to carry out the things they love to do.
- Try to send a letter to the employee`s family to inform them why their loved one, an essential element of the family, is so important to carry out the company`s desirable mission.
- Also consider an employee`s least favorite task and try to avoid it as much as possible.
- Offer a delightful coffee or a car wash gift card to the one who deserves.
- Try to arrange some awards like a fun traveling award which can include a rubber chicken or whoopee cushion.
- Kindly allow the working people from home or lend them a considerable flexible day certificate and thereby triumphed with the latest accomplishment by them.
- Allot specific works weekly to every single department available that is accounting week, programmer week or something else, also recognize the significant contributions rather made and thereby took them to lunch or can arrange prominent certificates.
- Create desirable opportunities and roles in the organization, such as the “role of an amiable mentor”, “a chairman of some committee” and the “carrying out research activities”.
- Celebrate birthdays, babies, many graduations and much-awaited weddings alongside the enjoyable happy time which certainly bring many people together for cake as well as socializing.
- Establishing a wall of fame for significant photographs, memorable clippings that would further recognize any commendable achievement, alongside mentioning the staff in the company newsletter.
- Conclude an employee address note with statements such as “I am glad you worked with us” or a warm “Thank you”, or “it was priceless.”
It is believed that to an employee recognition is more powerful and important than any other motivational stunt of the employer.
Research work has shown that cash bonuses get spent on bills and the perks are very soon forgotten very conveniently by the employees. Hence an appreciable recognition turns out to be a memory that can be relived and cherished as many times the employee wants and can lead the employee to be continually aiming for high performance.